Monday, September 22, 2008

Chunky Book Pages

I spent the day at my good friend Jill Shulse's studio. She has a beautiful studio with a window and patio door overlooking the Onion River. Our goal for the day was to work on our pages for the chunky book that Kathy Beringer is hosting for RAEvN's Nest Art Retreat. Jill cut out 43 pairs of wings. I thought it was going to be a lot of work when she showed me the idea but I didn't want to discourage her because the design was awesome.

I drew one of my soulful birds over a photo of myself as a starting point for my pictures. I was a bit worried that I wouldn't finish them in time. So much to do to get ready for the retreat yet.

I am looking forward to the next time I can work with Jill in her studio. I seem to get more done, the time passes quickly, and it is wonderful to be able to bounce ideas off one another. Plus she is well stocked so I don't have to worry too much if I forget to pack a supply.

2 comments:

Bernie Berlin said...

No fair... You two are having fun without me:(
Wish I could click my heels and be back in Wisconsin.
Tennessee just doesn't seem like home without my art friends. Miss you both!!!

Jill Marie Stange said...

Kim....I just LOVE it when you come over to play in my studio with me!!!!! You can come over ANY time you want!!!
Sorry Bernie....There's an extra chair here for you whenever you want to play with us!!!
Love ya!