Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Pine Valley Fundraiser

I made this barn owl for the Pine Valley Wildlife Hospital and Educational Center. They are having a fundraiser on April 4 at the Roadhouse Bar & Grill in Cedarburg, Wisconsin. A "Night on the Wild Side" features a silent auction, live auction and raffle 5:00pm - 8:00pm and Pine Valley Wildlife Presentation at 6:00pm. The Alex Wilson Band plays at 9:00 (one of my favorite local bands).

I painted the owl with acrylics on an old wooden casting pattern. I have a large number of these wooden casting patterns from Gilson Bros in Fredonia - auction treasures. The metal tag for the pattern number was where the owl's face is so I moved it to the side. I also added a feather from my chicken named Victoria. She is 11 years old now and is the queen of our animal shed.

I also donated one of my soulful bird collages and a signed copy of my book "Interactive Art Workshop". It is for a wonderful cause and should be a great time...come join us!

No comments: