Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Antique Mechanic's Creeper


 I currently have this antique mechanic's creeper listed in my Etsy shop - https://www.etsy.com/listing/109822249/antique-mechanics-creeper-industrial. Old wood with a patina of time and metal, two of my favorite components make up this cart. The shadow, my favorite guy!

I took a series of pictures while my husband graciously posed for me. I had this idea for awhile but I needed the following conditions: A sunny day (for shadow); Mid day sun (otherwise the shadow would be too elongated for my purposes), Husband available (to pose shadow on cart).

I manipulated the photo, adjusting the contrast, shadows and highlights to make the creeper more noticeable. Below are some additional poses not manipulated in a photo program.




 Mechanics lay on creepers to facing up to roll under cars when they are working on them. Most larger shops now have a hoist to lift cars up high enough that you can stand while working on them.


2 comments:

PAUL said...

The photos are quite creative. Caught my eye.

Kim Rae Nugent said...

Thank you Paul!