Sunday, December 22, 2013

TEN – Call to Artists - Journaling


IMG_1415
I was going to clean up a bit from the TEN project. I had been using the scraps left over from “The Magic of Mind” plus 10 ATC’s to spruce up my journaling on the project. I was left with the above scraps. They were ugly and uninspiring. But I had wanted to use every last bit from the ten items I was given. So I decided to glue them down in my journal. I was thoughtful in their placement without having an end result planned. Each piece added gave me a new layout to solve. I enjoyed working with both the graphic and abstract qualities of the page without concern for meaninful content. I am pleased with the results. Working with what I had.

IMG_1487
With just a wash of Nickel Azo Gold and Raw Umber mixed together I have a nice background. I like it just as it is. Perhaps I will work on it more in the future. I already have some more ideas for additional journal pages.

2 comments:

Vicki Miller said...

It's amazing what a great background can be created from a few scraps.

Kim Rae Nugent said...

Thank you Vicki! Now it will be even harder for me to get rid of paper scraps.