Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I'm Teaching at Peninsula Art School


August 17,18 & 19 I am scheduled to teach an "Interactive Art Book" workshop at Peninsula Art School in Fish Creek Wisconsin. I have heard many wonderful things about Peninsula Art School and I am looking forward to teaching there this Summer.

The class is based on my book "Interactive Art Workshop - Set Your Mixed Media in Motion". Pull tabs, spinning circles and textures aren't just for children's books anymore. I'll teach you how to bring sophisticated style, meaning and movement to your art by learning how to create books with interactive components. With demonstrations and exposure to a variety of samples, I will share my passion for the creative process while guiding you through color theory, working with a limited palette, composition and background techniques. Quotes and embellishments may be added as time permits. Expect to take home an original art book with several interactive features.



Come join the fun!

3 comments:

Uncanny Festoon said...

Hi Kim, This sounds like a great class! I was just looking at a children's book this weekend called Magic Windows. How wonderful to be able to add that to a art journal. I adore the sample that you have shown here. You are so very talented!

XO

Joy

Eileen said...

Wow! Too bad my vacation is over - Door County is so close and I'd LOVE this class!

Eileen
http://ruralwisconsin.blogspot.com/

Kim Rae Nugent said...

Eileen, thank you for taking the time to post, that would have been fun!