Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Necklace for me!


I finally finished my necklace last week at Jill's studio. Thank you Jill for all of your help! The necklace portion is actually made from a boxing jump rope that I found at a rummage for 50cents. It is actually about 3/8" thick leather. Jill had been using leather cording for some of her necklaces and this is what sparked the idea for me. (Yes I did share the leather cord with Jill :)

The image on the necklace is my husband's great grandmother. The key is from an assortment that my Dad had. I really have been enjoying this medium and hope to create many more pieces for family, friends and myself.

5 comments:

Carmi Cimicata said...

That necklace is wonderful! Thanks for shsowing it!

Uncanny Festoon said...

What a great eye to see that jump rope for the cord for your necklace. Some times it is hard to stretch our selves to see beyond the norm. How clever the wrapping for your sisters gift and how green I might add!

Jill Berry said...

these are fantastic and I want to make one. I think the Jills and you ought to get together!

Jill Berry said...

these are fantastic and I want to make one. I think the Jills and you ought to get together!

Tami said...

Kim, I love these etched pieces and how you decorated the cut out! I've never seen anyone else do this and it is so creative!
Tami