Sunday, February 12, 2012

Ivory Rose and Rhinestones - Necklace

I've been busy sorting through jewelry, collecting ideas and finally creating.

Jewelry from the nest.

Picasso is one of the artists who I admire. He worked in many mediums and was always experimenting with different styles. Above is one of his fine art prints pictured in a book.

This antique ivory colored rose is the beautiful centerpiece for this necklace.

I couldn't decide which of the two pictures above that I like better, so I posted both.


There are two large chunks of carnelian stone flanking the rose with a third by the clasp. A chain of brass roses with rhinestone centers have a beautiful green patina on parts of the leaves. The asymmetrical design includes carved bone, crystal, brass and glass beads. A textured brass chain, with a pretty little marquise mother of pearl button, enables the necklace to be adjustable between 18 inches to 24 inches.

This necklace is available at my Etsy site RAEvNsNest here.

No comments: