Monday, January 25, 2016

Word of the Year - PERSEVERANCE

I joined a wonderful Facebook group named Journal52, there is also a blog that you can follow Journal52.com
Every week there is a prompt along with an alternate prompt. The prompt for week 1 is to choose your "Word of the Year" and create a journal page to express it. 

I started with a "Journal Starters" page. Since my handmade journal is 10" wide x 7" tall and the "Journal Starters" image was 8" x 11" after I cut it out of the book I had to choose how I was going to use it and the resulting layout is above.

I chose the word PERSEVERANCE for my word of the year 2016. Perseverance - Steadfastness in doing something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success. The letters are cut from one of the "working" covers from the book. The white strip was a good place to journal. I was content with the page as it was...

until I thought of googling "animal totem perseverance" and this catches my eye "If seagull has flown accross your path" from this website http://www.spirit-animals.com/tag/perseverance/ I also covered the white space with blue sky to add a pop of color to the spread.

No comments: