Monday, April 16, 2007

Book News!!!

I have some exciting news. North light books has accepted my proposal for an art instruction book. The tentative title of my book is

ARTiculate: Projects and Techniques for Interactive Art

My editor is Tonia Davenport. She is the editor for several amazing North Light books including: Artist Trading Card Workshop by Bernie Berlin, Art Stamping Workshop by Gloria Page, Collage Lost and Found by Giuseppina Cirincione, Collage Discovery Workshop by Claudine Hellmuth, Collage Unleashed by Traci Bautista, Kaleidoscope by Suzanne Simanaitis, Metal Craft Discovery Workshop by Linda & Opie O’Brien, and Pretty Little Things by Sally Jean Alexander.

The topic of my art instruction book will be Mixed Media Interactive Art. Some other names that I have come up with to describe my book are: Articulated Art, Paper Engineering, and Moveable Art. Some examples of these types of mechanisms can be found in vintage postcards (they are called mechanical or moveable postcards) and children’s pop-up books.

I have always been intrigued with children’s pop-up books and how they work. Rather than children as a target audience, my book is meant to spark the imagination of adult artists. Artwork to be included but not limited to: altered books; postcards; greeting cards; ATC’s, and other types of pictures.

No comments: