Thursday, May 1, 2008

Rearing Haflinger


"Rearing Haflinger" is the name of this monoprint. A Haflinger is a breed of horse with similiar coloring and body style as my print. The background is similiar to ones used for some of my chameleons. I found an image of a horse in the background and developed it by accentuating images that went with the horse theme. I love how this horse emerged from the background. I would have never thought to make one in this pose and style simply starting with a piece of white paper with the idea of making a horse.

1 comment:

Judy Wise said...

Kim, your recent work (the monoprints!) are wonderful; I can see that you are working very hard in the studio. Love your subject matter and the results of your work; I can tell you are having a great time being swept away by the hours of creativity. xo