Sunday, March 4, 2012

RAEvN’s Nest Dress Form

DSCN4640

I want a dress form to display my jewelry for photo shoots. I love the vintage muslin dressmaker forms with the manufacturers name stenciled on them. I really don’t need another dressform, I already have three.

This is one of the dressforms that I have. After tightening up all of the sections it does look better. Of course it is now too small to use for making clothes for myself. I find that the separate sections are too distracting.

DSCN4638

The dress form does look better with the knit shell pulled up and pinned on but I really have my heart set on a muslin one.

DSCN4619

So I decided to try and make my own. This will be a removable canvas cover.

DSCN4641

I am not very good at taking step by step pictures. If I’m creating I don’t usually feel like recording. Here it is almost done. What do you think?

DSCN4627

I made a stencil with my own name for it.

DSCN4628

I still need a metal collar to complete the look.

DSCN4630

One of my necklaces displayed! More to come…

2 comments:

Sue Young said...

Very very cool Kim!!!

Shelly said...

Freaking awesome. Yep, that's what it is.