Thursday, October 17, 2013

TEN – Call to Artists – Day 8

 

IMG_1312o

Day 8  for the TEN art challenge for Creative Studios https://www.facebook.com/elblockcreative

A little more filing and now it’s time to think about etching. I sand the entire front surface with fine grit sandpaper. Next I tape cut out copies of the printed text to the backside of the metal to help me visualize the finished project. Then I put packing tape over the entire backside. The tape is sticky and I don’t want to spend the time to cut away all of the excess. So I try sticking tissue paper to it, which is only mildly successful.

Free flowing lines to mimic creative energy, thoughts and ideas flowing from the mind. This design is drawn directly on the metal with a sharpie marker.

All done and ready to etch! Two more days of work left.

No comments: