Wednesday, October 9, 2013

TEN–Call to Artists–Day 3

What was I thinking! This is what usually goes through my head when I begin a challenge. Let’s take the 10 items I was given and discuss each one. Please don’t misconstrue my thoughts as whining or being unhappy with what I was given. I am simply letting you into my thought process.
IMG_1248
1. I like the image of the girl, but this is reproduction art and something I don’t want to use for the focus of my art piece.
IMG_1247
2. A red piece of cardstock. I like the color. A bit too new looking for my tastes so I cut a sample off to test to see if it will fade.
IMG_1249
3. A polka dot notecard. A little too shiny and new looking for my tastes. I do like polka dots and the color has possibilities.
IMG_1250
4. Black ribbon, again like the color but not thrilled with the shine and age.

IMG_1251
5. Assorted letters. Don’t care for the multicolors or reproduction look.

IMG_1252
6. Reproduction note card. I like the images. Looks like someone else’s creation. Perhaps I can use the bird. I like to incorporate birds in my art.

IMG_1260
7. A zipper end. Again new…and how would I tie this into a project?

IMG_1254IMG_1255
8. Magazine page. I like that it is an actual vintage magazine page. Some interesting words. I like the book image. Not really enough to base a project on.

IMG_1253IMG_1256
9. Another magazine page. The “Magic of Mind”. That has some possibilities.

IMG_1258IMG_1257
10. Third magazine page. Hmmm perhaps an assemblage with some type of electronics.

More percolating…

No comments: