Thursday, October 24, 2013

TEN – Call to Artists – Day 10 – Part B

IMG_1232

It has been quite a journey since I received the above ten items. From here to:

IMG_1392

FINISHED!

Day 10 – Part B for the TEN art challenge for Creative Studios https://www.facebook.com/elblockcreative

I am thrilled to say that the piece created for the 10 art challenge is finished!

The Magic of Mind

THE GREATEST POWER ON EARTH!

 

IMG_1392 (2)I decided to use the finial with the three spheres. I chose this finial because I felt that it complimented the retro feel of the magazine page plus it echoes the sphere shape of the glass paperweight.

View the film below to look at different views from the glass sphere plus the sides and close-ups of this art piece.

My first attempt at creating a movie from pictures. There is a lot of room for improvement but it is time for me to move on…

 

IMG_1403Left side

 

IMG_1382Left side close-up view of bird

 

IMG_1404Top view

 

IMG_1405Right side

 

IMG_1386

Close-up view from right side

 

IMG_1406

Bottom view

 

So far I have shown you how I incorporated six of the ten items I was given. Below shows how I included the remaining 4 items.

IMG_1391

I made a name tag with information about the challenge.

 

IMG_1412

This was attached to the backside of the art piece.

IMG_1414

These are the finished artist trading cards for the nine other artists who participated in the challenge plus one ATC notecard for Erika Block of Creative Studio, the host of the challenge.

If the other artists leave me a comment with the ATC that they would like to receive, plus contact information, I would be happy to send them that one. First come, first serve (plus you need to have actually finished your challenge).

Stay tuned for auction details…

3 comments:

mary said...

you are so awesome..love this site and all your work!

Anonymous said...

Kim, it turned out beautifully! I love it! You're so sweet to make ATCs, too! I love the Big Success one the very most. ~Nicci

Kim Rae Nugent said...

Mary & Nicci,
Thank you for your kind comments! Nicci, send me a facebook message with your address and I'll mail the "Success" ATC to you.